Learn how to create your own website in WordPress without writing a single line of code.
WordPress is the planet’s best and most popular site builder and this hands-on route takes you from the fundamentals, including installation and setup, to cover each of the very Useful features and tools WordPress provides. Whether you already have a site and wish to optimise it correctly or are starting entirely from scratch, this is the course for you.
We include a .co.uk domain and 1 years hosting with every course!
Following the course, you may place the site you built that day up on any UK domain name of your choice, completely new or use an existing domain you have and transfer it to our server. You can keep the site after the course, hosted for free for a year. After that, hosting can be obtained from only £6.99 month or choose more options from our WordPress hosting package range.
On the course you will learn to…
- Build a fully functional website using WordPress.
- Add content, images and videos
- Choose the right combination of plugins to meet your needs.
- Build site structure and navigation menus
- Apply templates to add style to your site
- Add contact forms, maps
- Add ecommerce and take payment
- Add social networking and track visitors
- Learn to add all the features and functionality you need to run and develop a fantastic website
- Test, troubleshoot & launch your finished website
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine.
- Most of the plugins recommended in our training are free. If you wish to add other plugins that are not free you will need to purchase these before the training starts.
WordPress Training Course – Topics Covered
- Introduction to WordPress
- Install, set up and update WordPress automatically
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- Creating pages and posts… and understanding the difference
- Sourcing, editing and uploading images
- Add videos from YouTube
- Users, categories and links
- Comments and avoiding spam
- Organising your posts and articles into a blog
- Add and customise the top navigation menus
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best plugins
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best themes
- Customise themes with colours and navigation menus
- Insert a logo which automatically links to the homepage
- Add sidebar widgets for search, social media, static and dynamic content
- Ensuring a responsive, mobile friendly design
- Add contact forms for enquiries
- Add an interactive Google Map so visitors can find you
- Create a product/sales page and buy now button
- Take easy online payments with PayPal
- Automatically create search engine friendly XML sitemaps
- Using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) plugins to rank well
- Keyword research and SEO strategies to rank well on Google
- Security, stability and backing up
- Backup your site the easy way
Also included in our training
- Choosing your .co.uk domain name
- Hosting for your WordPress website
- Domain DNS settings
- Set up email addresses
WordPress training courses for people who
- Want to create a website they can manage themselves
- Already has or runs a WordPress site and wants to know how to manage it properly
- Want to know best practises and save time avoiding all the pitfalls and delays
- Are frustrated with paying web developers to build and manage websites for them and wants to take back control!
- Want to earn additional income by building or selling websites
- Want a new career or a new skill to enhance their CV
How the course works
- We provide laptops for the training or you can bring your own
- WiFi and power sockets are provided
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day.
- After the course you are welcome to stay around for further discussion with your trainer Keith and with each other.
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting, after which time it is from just £6.99 a month for unlimited space and bandwidth.