Website Audit has over 80 checks for SEO issues, ranging from surface level issues like duplicate content to AMP pages with no canonical tag
Is your website performing at its best?
In our Site Audit Overview report you’ll see an estimate of your website’s on-page health, pointing out all the issues you should be aware of. From here you can jump into reports analysing your site’s crawl-ability, HTTPS implementation, SEO, performance (page load speeds), and internal linking.
- Over 80 on-page and technical SEO checks from surface level issues like duplicate content and broken links, to in-depth analysis of AMPs, HTTPS implementation, correct usage of the hreflang attribute, crawlability and indexability
- We crawl – domain, subdomain or subfolders, with the ability to ability to include/exclude specific pages and audit the desktop or mobile version of a site
- Errors will be shown in red and are the most severe issues on your site.
- Warnings will be shown in orange and represent issues of medium severity.
- Notices are in blue and are considered less severe than errors or warnings. Notices contain information that some people might consider useful for fixing a site, but they don’t impact your overall site health score.
We perform a comprehensive technical SEO audit with reports that go in depth and with suggestions on what and how to fix them.
Our Site Audit has over 80 checks for SEO issues, ranging from surface level issues like duplicate content and broken links to technical issues like HTTPS implementation and the hreflang attribute on an international website. Our website audits have the ability to crawl either the desktop or mobile version of a website and check up to 20,000 pages per project.
Whether you manage a small website or a large one composed of thousands of webpages, detection of issues can be challenging, so our website audit is perfect for any business from a portfolio website, to SMB sites, to enterprise businesses and agencies.
- Large HTML page size
- Redirect chains and loops
- Slow page load speed
- Uncompressed pages
- Slow average document interactive time
You’ll be able to quickly analyse the average HTML load speed of your website’s pages as well as a breakdown by load time (0-0.5s, 0.5-1s, 1-3s, and >3s).
Similar to external linking, internal links can also help boost the authority of a webpage. For example, if you are linking to a product page from a homepage, that link will be passing along some of the authority of the homepage.
- pages that need more than 3 clicks to be reached
- external links containing no follow attributes
- subdomains don’t support HSTS
- URLs that are too long
- pages with more than one H1 tag
- robots.txt not found
- pages with hreflang language mismatch issues
- pages that were blocked from crawling
- orphaned pages (from Google Analytics)
- orphaned pages (in sitemap)
- pages that take more than 1 second to become interactive
- pages blocked by X-Robots-Tag
- noindex HTTP header
- issues with blocked external resources in robots.txt
- URLs with a permanent redirect
- pages with too much text within the title tags
- pages without enough text within the title tags
- pages with low text-HTML ratio
- pages without meta descriptions
- pages with duplicate H1 and title tags
- pages without an h1 heading
- pages with an underscore in the URL
- sitemap.xml not indicated in robots.txt
- pages with a low word count
- pages with temporary redirects
- images without alt attributes
- broken external images
- pages with too many parameters in their URLs
- pages with no hreflang and lang attributes
- pages without character encoding declared
- pages without doctype declared
- pages using Flash
- pages containing frames
- broken external links
- internal links containing nofollow attribute
- pages with too many on-page links
- sitemap.xml not found
- subdomains don’t support SNI
- homepage does not use HTTPS encryption
- HTTP URLs in sitemap.xml for HTTPS site
- links on HTTPS pages leading to HTTP page
- uncompressed pages
- issues with blocked internal resources in robots.txt
- hreflang conflicts within page source code
- pages returning 5XX status code
- pages don’t have title tags
- issues with duplicate title tags
- pages with duplicate content issues
- broken internal links
- pages couldn’t be crawled
- pages couldn’t be crawled (DNS resolution issues)
- pages couldn’t be crawled (incorrect URL formats)
- broken internal images
- pages with duplicate meta descriptions
- format errors in Robots.txt file
- format errors in sitemap.xml files
- incorrect pages found in sitemap.xml
- pages with a WWW resolve issue
- pages with no viewport tag
- size of HTML on a page is too large
- AMP pages with no canonical tag
- issues with hreflang values
- pages returning 4XX status code
- issues with incorrect hreflang links
- non-secure pages
- issues with expiring or expired certificate
- issues with old security protocol
- issues with incorrect certificate name
- issues with mixed content
- no redirect or canonical to HTTPS homepage from HTTP version
- redirect chains and loops
- AMP HTML issues
- AMP style and layout issues
- AMP templating issues
- pages with a broken canonical link
- pages with multiple canonical URLs
- pages with a meta refresh tag
- subdomains don’t support secure encryption algorithms
- sitemap.xml files are too large
- pages with slow load speed
Want to know more?
To find out more about our website audit and speak to one of our specialised SEO team, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below and we’ll come straight back to you.
Want to order today?
Click on the Website Audit button to your right (on desktop), below, (on smaller screens), and you can get your website audited and reports sent to you within 14 days. The reason for the 14 day period is that this will allow us to dig deeper, allow the reports to return statistics over 10 days giving you a more general view of just how your website is performing.
Alternatively we can offer a snapshot report of your website within 2 working days, still with full audit criteria but it will not contain our SEO teams summary report nor access to our developer time and access by email to our SEO team.
Full website Audit 14 days
- For full feature information please see our website audit page
- Includes assessment report of the website audit from our specialist SEO team
- PLUS – 2 hour development time and access for one month to our SEO team via email
Full website Audit 2 working days
- For full feature information please see our website audit page
- No Assessment report, email access to SEO team or development time